We all should be proud of who we are. I know I’m proud of my Dakota blood.
Our ancestors were very powerful people. I know that’s where I get my passion, strength and determination.
Enjoy reading some of these books if you have time.
Different books the Mdewakanton people are mentioned in:
- Stolen Culture, Traditions, and Heritage, Good Thunder Woman
- Mendota Dakota Stories of Land and Leadership by Michael Klein 2021.
- From Whole logs to no log by Edward J Lettermann Jan 1, 1969.
- Mary and I, Forty Years with the Sioux by Stephen Riggs Dec 20, 2019.
- Listen by Ellie King Around 1999?? Find this book.
- The Compassionate Rebel, by Burt Berlowe, Rebecca Janke Feb 1, 2002.
- Our Way or The Highway Inside The Minnehaha Free State (Ecology) by Mary Losure 2002.
- Old Betsey The Life and Times of a Famous Dakota Woman and Her Family by Mark Diedrich May 1, 1995.
- Where the Water Gathers and the Rivers Meet by Paul C. Durand Jun 1, 1994.
- They chose Minnesota: A Survey of the State’s Ethnic Group by Michael Albert, Hyman Berman Jan 1.
- Spirit Car Journey to a Dakota Past by Diane Wilson Aug 1, 2009. Dakota Soul Sisters by Lois Glewwe’s.
- The presentation will feature the stories of several woman, white and Dakota Jan 1, 2099.
- The Flandrau Papers: Treasure Trove for Mixed Blood Dakota Indian Genealogy by Minnesota Historical Society (Author), Charles E. Flandrau (Editor) Alan R. Woolworth (Editor) June 1, 1997.
- Mni Sota Makoce The Land of the Dakota by Gwen Westerman, Bruce White Sep 1, 2012.