http://mmiwusa.org. Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women USA.
To all current members in good standing, please call the office make sure your file is in order and complete. If you want you file to go to the BIA.
Prayers, Drums and Dance Oyate Gathering at St Peters Church,1405 Sibley Memorial Hwy Mendota MN 55150.
Duane Wipple, Jr. of Santee, NE passed away unexpectedly Tuesday, August 4, 2020 in Santee, NE.
Sorensen, Sheldon “Shel” D. age 86 of Richfield, went to be with his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, on July 26, 2020
Dog Days of Summer Full Moon Walk at Sacred Coldwater Springs Monday, August 3, 2020 Gather at the park entrance, 7pm Park at pay meters on the access road via credit card/quarters
Mike Flammond has passed away details:
Mendota’s 21st Traditional Wacipi – Pow Wow has been cancelled
Guidance for Providing Food and Beverages for On-site.
Please check out Coldwater website, thank you SuSu for all your hard work.
Welcome to the Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota Tribal Community.
We are a nonprofit 501C3 organization dedicated to protecting important and sacred sites and bringing Dakota Oyate (nation) culture back to its birthplace in Minnesota. Donations Go To:
- Acquire a land base so we can build a community center.
- Obtain federal recognition.
- Maintain a tribal office in Mendota.
- Promote and support the preservation of the Dakota culture, including protecting sites of cultural significance to the Dakota people.
- Promote a better understanding between the Native American community and the public.
- Teach community members and others the Dakota language.
- Develop self-sufficiency through in-house business.