Dave will light the sacred fire today 5:05 at St Peters Church for 4 days starting on 3-31-20.020.
Houseofnames, check out your family, here is the LeClaire one.
Guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health PLEASE READ AND STAY SAFE..
Newsletter will be out the end of March 2020. Newsletters will be every 3 months.
Cancelled Membership Meeting 3/29/20 – DuPuis House. May cancel Aprils meeting too.
Mendota’s 21st Traditional Wacipi / Pow Wow Sept 11-13-2020.
Fundraiser at the Mendota VFW to help keep our doors open June 6th, 2020.
Demographics Survey 2020.
Membership Meeting Sunday February 23, 1:00-3:30. Mendota will provide cookies and coffee no more potluck.
Welcome to the Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota Tribal Community.
We are a nonprofit 501C3 organization dedicated to protecting important and sacred sites and bringing Dakota Oyate (nation) culture back to its birthplace in Minnesota. Donations Go To:
- Acquire a land base so we can build a community center.
- Obtain federal recognition.
- Maintain a tribal office in Mendota.
- Promote and support the preservation of the Dakota culture, including protecting sites of cultural significance to the Dakota people.
- Promote a better understanding between the Native American community and the public.
- Teach community members and others the Dakota language.
- Develop self-sufficiency through in-house business.