Independence Day Full Moon Walk at Sacred Coldwater Springs Saturday, July 4, 2020
Mendota was going to be celebrating our 25th year this month.
Mendota Days have been cancelled in July.
Cottonwood Full Moon Walk at Sacred Coldwater Springs June 5, 7pm.
The Reflected Full Moon Walk at Sacred Coldwater Springs, May 7, 7pm.
Welcome Honorary Membership.
Hello everyone the Mendota office is closed in Mendota, do to the coronavirus.
I sure hope we are back to normal by our Pow Wow Sept 11-13-20.
AMAZON NOW HAS AN APP. Amazon.smile will donate to the MMDTC everytime you make a purchase!
Dave will light the sacred fire today 5:05 at St Peters Church for 4 days starting on 3-31-20.020.
Welcome to the Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota Tribal Community.
We are a nonprofit 501C3 organization dedicated to protecting important and sacred sites and bringing Dakota Oyate (nation) culture back to its birthplace in Minnesota. Donations Go To:
- Acquire a land base so we can build a community center.
- Obtain federal recognition.
- Maintain a tribal office in Mendota.
- Promote and support the preservation of the Dakota culture, including protecting sites of cultural significance to the Dakota people.
- Promote a better understanding between the Native American community and the public.
- Teach community members and others the Dakota language.
- Develop self-sufficiency through in-house business.