St. Kateri Tekakwitha, the first Native American saint.
Prayers, Drums and Dance Oyate Gathering at St Peters Church Sept 11-13-2020.
This month in Sept your ACH payments will come out late.
“Having been informed that a report is current that I am harboring guilty Indians”
Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women USA.
IMPORTANT BIA UPDATE! To all members: call the office make sure your file is in order
Duane Wipple, Jr. of Santee, NE passed away unexpectedly Tuesday, August 4, 2020 in Santee, NE.
Sorensen, Sheldon “Shel” D. age 86 of Richfield, passed away on July 26, 2020
Dog Days of Summer Full Moon Walk Sacred Coldwater Springs Mon, Aug 3, 2020
Mike Flammond has passed away details:
Welcome to the Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota Tribal Community.
We are a nonprofit 501C3 organization dedicated to protecting important and sacred sites and bringing Dakota Oyate (nation) culture back to its birthplace in Minnesota. Donations Go To:
- Acquire a land base so we can build a community center.
- Obtain federal recognition.
- Maintain a tribal office in Mendota.
- Promote and support the preservation of the Dakota culture, including protecting sites of cultural significance to the Dakota people.
- Promote a better understanding between the Native American community and the public.
- Teach community members and others the Dakota language.
- Develop self-sufficiency through in-house business.