Faribault Indians June14,1863.
Warranty Deed from Hipolite to Octave LeClaire 1864.
To contract Sharon please email only, so much easier to keep track.
Vendors Application for our 21st Wacipi. Can’t wait to see you all.
Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women & Carlise Indian Industrial School (closed for years). Will have a booth at our Wacipi.
Attention to all Tribes. We welcome you with a handshake and a good heart.
Looking for woman getting together in the 1960 – 1973 at the Mendota FVW. List of families living to Mendota from 1900.
New Light on Old St Peter’s and early St Paul. Now called Mendota.
Donation Request Letter for our 21st Traditional Pow Wow Sept 10-12-2021
Native American Heritage Day a chance to dig into Minnesota History Nov 25, 2020.
Welcome to the Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota Tribal Community.
We are a nonprofit 501C3 organization dedicated to protecting important and sacred sites and bringing Dakota Oyate (nation) culture back to its birthplace in Minnesota. Donations Go To:
- Acquire a land base so we can build a community center.
- Obtain federal recognition.
- Maintain a tribal office in Mendota.
- Promote and support the preservation of the Dakota culture, including protecting sites of cultural significance to the Dakota people.
- Promote a better understanding between the Native American community and the public.
- Teach community members and others the Dakota language.
- Develop self-sufficiency through in-house business.