Hello all members we are not having our Christmas & Toy Drive this year because of Covid. The DuPuis is still close and will be until 2021.
This is an Example story. If your story is to long for you to write, like this one LOL, then just talk to the students when they call you with a few questions. We are only interviewing about 30 people. We only have until Dec for the student to complete for their grade.
Sharon Lennartson and the Faribault Dakota Project
Pidamayaye to all who volunteered and came to the gathering.
St. Kateri Tekakwitha, the first Native American saint.
Prayers, Drums and Dance Oyate Gathering at St Peters Church Sept 11-13-2020.
This month in Sept your ACH payments will come out late.
“Having been informed that a report is current that I am harboring guilty Indians”
Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women USA.
IMPORTANT BIA UPDATE! To all members: call the office make sure your file is in order
Welcome to the Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota Tribal Community.
We are a nonprofit 501C3 organization dedicated to protecting important and sacred sites and bringing Dakota Oyate (nation) culture back to its birthplace in Minnesota. Donations Go To:
- Acquire a land base so we can build a community center.
- Obtain federal recognition.
- Maintain a tribal office in Mendota.
- Promote and support the preservation of the Dakota culture, including protecting sites of cultural significance to the Dakota people.
- Promote a better understanding between the Native American community and the public.
- Teach community members and others the Dakota language.
- Develop self-sufficiency through in-house business.