To all my face book friends.
Why does Mendota have to prove who we are over and over and over for almost 25 years.
It hurts my soul that some people donâ€™t think Mendota Community matters. This is what we were told.
- Our ancestors did not suffer enough WHAT.
- Our community is to small so we donâ€™t matter, we have 145 active members most are Lineal Descendants that come from Cetanwakanmani, Big Thunder is him son, Little Crow from the 1862 upraising is his grandson. So donâ€™t tell us who we are, we know who we are. We are Dakota and proud of who we are. We also have 60 honorary members.
- We donâ€™t matter because we donâ€™t have Federal Recognition.
- We canâ€™t let white people in our Inipi WHAT. I thought we as natives believed in the 4 colors of man.
- We were told we needed to take our Inipi down, I said over my dead body.
I could go on as how the XXXX and XXX feels and is treated us.
Mendota needs apology and respect.
We think of Mendota as our reservation. We donâ€™t need a group to come to Mendota and tell us what to do, because that wonâ€™t happen. We can work together, but NOT be told what to do.
As Mr. Minish said it was time the truth comes out, he is our hero.
Thank you Bob for all your help and letting us know what people were trying to do behind our backs, our own Dakota people.
Please go to our website if you want to read more.
I donâ€™t want to put their names on face book for now.
But we have some documents for people to see on our site.
If this is not discrimination what is.
My heart is so full of anger right now, so very sad & hurt, we have worked so hard in almost 25 years. Â To get to where we are today.
Even after all is said and done we will forgive those who are disrespecting the Mendota Community.
I know how our ancestors must have felt when the whites and natives were against them because they were considered the friendly in 1862 & 1863 doing and after the U.S. Dakota War.
Mitakuye Oyasin (We Are All Related)
Good Thunder Woman
Wakiya Waste Win