From: Perry Altendorfer, MMDTC Historian To: All Lineal Descendants, Signers and First Original Families relating to the 1830 Prairie du Chein Treaty. We are currently updating our files, adding articles and documentation that involves families related to this treaty. Please see attached document:
OUR GOAL IS TO UNITE ALL MIXED BLOOD FAMILIES.
Please contact Perry with questions or comments. email@example.com
Jeanie Lemay Campbell passed into the spirit world on October 13, 2017.
Cancelled Language Class tonight Dec 11th, at the DuPuis House 6:30 – 8:00.
Rest in peace my dear uncle Russell F. LaClaire died November 29, 2017.
Mens Inipi Dec 9th 2 ish potluck. Also Sunday Dec 17, Mendota Community Inipi.
Wendy Down Wind, How Wiindigoo Got His Name.
Uncle Russell LaClaire died today about 1:30 – 11/29/17.
Wendy Down Wind passed into the spirit world 11/28/17.
Membership Meeting Nov 27, 7-8:30 bring a snack if you want, next meeting too.
Holiday Party and Toy Drive at the DuPuis House Dec 2, 1-4 bring a dish to pass.
Cancelled Language Class for Nov 28th. Watch for next class it may be Monday nights? Sorry about all changes. Maybe Monday Dec 4 and Dec 18th?
We would like to invite you to become a Honorary Member of our Community.
The Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota Community would like to invite you to become a Honorary Member of our Community.
Currently only our members have supported us on a regular basis to help Preserve, Protect and Promote our Dakota Ways.
We realize that in order for us to utilize all the talent out there, we need to invite people to participate.
This serves several purposes:
To view the MMDC Membership Application Form please visit our DOWNLOADS section.
- By becoming an Honorary Member, you would be agreeing to donate a $ 50.00 application fee as well as donating $15.00 per month. (which would help support our programs such as Language revitalization, Cultural programs and events such as our Annual Pow-Wow ) all of which, are open to the Public and of course our operating Costs.
- As an Honorary Member we would ask that you share with us what your talent is. Thus allowing us and you to use your talent.
- One of our first objectives as a Community was to invite people of all colors to cross over the Mendota Bridge, and Bridge the gap between Natives and Non-Natives. We believe that this is one way to do that.
- Although you will not have a vote in our Community you are always welcomed to attend our monthly meetings and all functions that the membership does.
- By becoming a member you will allow us to have a much larger outreach.
- By becoming a member our volunteer pool increases and our shared experiences, again help to serve a better understanding of each of us.
NO OTHER NATIVE COMMUNITY DOES THIS!
PLEASE BECOME A MEMBER FOR US ALL.
WHETHER YOU LIVE AROUND THE CORNER OR AROUND THE WORLD YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
MITAKUYE OYASIN (WE ARE ALL RELATED)
PIDAMAYA (THANK YOU)