From: Perry Altendorfer, MMDTC Historian To: All Lineal Descendants, Signers and First Original Families relating to the 1830 Prairie du Chein Treaty. We are currently updating our files, adding articles and documentation that involves families related to this treaty. Please see attached document:
OUR GOAL IS TO UNITE ALL MIXED BLOOD FAMILIES.
Please contact Perry with questions or comments. email@example.com
Most Beautiful Inipi on April 23, 2017.
The Doctrine of Discovery May 3rd at 7PM at the DuPuis House
The flowers of tomorrow are the seeds of today. April 22nd, 11am to 2pm
Dakota Truth Telling Gathering. May 4th to 7th.
Rebuilding our Inipi Saturday April 22, Inipi on Sunday around 2:30 on April 23, 2017.
Coldwater Full Moon Walks but here is the notice for the May 10th walk.
Voting Membership Meeting Sunday April 30th 12-2 potluck
Fur Traders Rendezvous at the DuPuis House July 22-23-17. We will have an Inipi, teepee, history about Mendota.
Methodist Bishop Commits to Returning Sacred Red Rock to the Dakota People.
BECOME AN HONORARY MEMBER
We would like to invite you to become a Honorary Member of our Community.
The Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota Community would like to invite you to become a Honorary Member of our Community.
Currently only our members have supported us on a regular basis to help Preserve, Protect and Promote our Dakota Ways.
We realize that in order for us to utilize all the talent out there, we need to invite people to participate.
This serves several purposes:
To view the MMDC Membership Application Form please visit our DOWNLOADS section.
- By becoming an Honorary Member, you would be agreeing to donate a $ 50.00 application fee as well as donating $15.00 per month. (which would help support our programs such as Language revitalization, Cultural programs and events such as our Annual Pow-Wow ) all of which, are open to the Public and of course our operating Costs.
- As an Honorary Member we would ask that you share with us what your talent is. Thus allowing us and you to use your talent.
- One of our first objectives as a Community was to invite people of all colors to cross over the Mendota Bridge, and Bridge the gap between Natives and Non-Natives. We believe that this is one way to do that.
- Although you will not have a vote in our Community you are always welcomed to attend our monthly meetings and all functions that the membership does.
- By becoming a member you will allow us to have a much larger outreach.
- By becoming a member our volunteer pool increases and our shared experiences, again help to serve a better understanding of each of us.
NO OTHER NATIVE COMMUNITY DOES THIS!
PLEASE BECOME A MEMBER FOR US ALL.
WHETHER YOU LIVE AROUND THE CORNER OR AROUND THE WORLD YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
MITAKUYE OYASIN (WE ARE ALL RELATED)
PIDAMAYA (THANK YOU)