ATTENTION: WE ARE SEARCHING FOR AN EXISTING HOUSE/BUILDING TO BE OUR NEW COMMUNITY CENTER.
Please help spread the word. If you know of any building for sale in or within a few miles of Mendota, MN. please let us know
From: Perry Altendorfer, MMDTC Historian
To: All Lineal Descendants, Signers and First Original Families relating to the 1830 Prairie du Chein Treaty.
We are currently updating our files, adding articles and documentation that involves families related to this treaty. Please see document: Johnsons and Jones Report.
OUR GOAL IS TO UNITE MIXED BLOOD FAMILIES. Click to contact Perry with questions or comments.
Advanced Membership Meetings
Garage Sale at Sharon’s in Apple Valley.
Membership Meeting Sun Oct 27 at the DuPuis House 12-3 potluck.
Radio interview with Dan “The Oak Man” Keiser
CUI Notice Federal Register Publication – human remains from Iowa
VIDEO: Mendota Mdewakanton Wacipi POW WOW Grand Entry
Binaishee Quence Bellanger-Rook departed this earth on September 17, 2019 as her tiny newborn son arrived.
To all our wonderful guests who won something at the raffle booth or auctions at the Pow Wow. Any questions please call the office 651-452-4141.
Funeral for Jim Anderson \ Red Sky: Wednesday Sept 11th at 11:00am
Can you please can help at Red Sky Funeral Sept 11, 2019, at St Peters Church in Mendota?
Welcome to the Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota Tribal Community.
We are a nonprofit 501C3 organization dedicated to protecting important and sacred sites and bringing Dakota Oyate (nation) culture back to its birthplace in Minnesota. Donations Go To:
- Acquire a land base so we can build a community center.
- Obtain federal recognition.
- Maintain a tribal office in Mendota.
- Promote and support the preservation of the Dakota culture, including protecting sites of cultural significance to the Dakota people.
- Promote a better understanding between the Native American community and the public.
- Teach community members and others the Dakota language.
- Develop self-sufficiency through in-house business.