ATTENTION: WE ARE SEARCHING FOR AN EXISTING HOUSE/BUILDING TO BE OUR NEW COMMUNITY CENTER.
Please help spread the word. If you know of any building for sale in or within a few miles of Mendota, MN. please let us know
From: Perry Altendorfer, MMDTC Historian
To: All Lineal Descendants, Signers and First Original Families relating to the 1830 Prairie du Chein Treaty.
We are currently updating our files, adding articles and documentation that involves families related to this treaty. Please see document: Johnsons and Jones Report.
OUR GOAL IS TO UNITE MIXED BLOOD FAMILIES. Click to contact Perry with questions or comments.
Membership Meeting July 29, 2019.
Update about (Red Sky) Jimmy Anderson passing from a heart attack on 6-27-2018.
This year is our giveaway at the Pow Wow. Sept 13-15-2019. Sharon will be on buttons.
YOU ARE INVITED! Sheldon Wolfchild documentary film “The Indian System”
July Glory Full Moon Walk at Sacred Coldwater Springs.
Metro Regional Arts Council
Dakota Tribes, Mendota is mentioned.
Our 2019 Wacipi flyer!
Next Membership Meeting is Monday June 24, from 6:30 – 8:30 at the DuPuis House in Mendota. Potluck
Welcome to the Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota Tribal Community.
We are a nonprofit 501C3 organization dedicated to protecting important and sacred sites and bringing Dakota Oyate (nation) culture back to its birthplace in Minnesota. Donations Go To:
- Acquire a land base so we can build a community center.
- Obtain federal recognition.
- Maintain a tribal office in Mendota.
- Promote and support the preservation of the Dakota culture, including protecting sites of cultural significance to the Dakota people.
- Promote a better understanding between the Native American community and the public.
- Teach community members and others the Dakota language.
- Develop self-sufficiency through in-house business.