ATTENTION: WE ARE LOOKING FOR LAND.
Please help spread the word. If you know of any land in Mendota, Mendota Heights or Eagan area or any resources that can help, please let us know.
From: Perry Altendorfer, MMDTC Historian
To: All Lineal Descendants, Signers and First Original Families relating to the 1830 Prairie du Chein Treaty.
We are currently updating our files, adding articles and documentation that involves families related to this treaty. Please see document: Johnsons and Jones Report.
OUR GOAL IS TO UNITE MIXED BLOOD FAMILIES. Click to contact Perry with questions or comments.
Our Mendota Office is closed until construction is done could be 2 months?
History Theatre come join the McDonalds sisters.
Lilly and Albert LeClaire House, is there a better photo?
Documents for gaining federal recognition 25CFR Part 83 2015
Membership Meeting Sunday March 24th 1:00 pm potluck!
Sharon Lennartson, celebrating 15 years of volunteering!
New Growth from Old Roots Circle News Feb 2000
If anyone has moved in the last two years. PLEASE UPDATE US
Honoring Our Ancestors Saturday Feb 9, 2019
Both Tribal / Membership Meetings cancelled for Monday Jan 28
Welcome to the Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota Tribal Community.
We are a nonprofit 501C3 organization dedicated to protecting important and sacred sites and bringing Dakota Oyate (nation) culture back to its birthplace in Minnesota. Donations Go To:
- Acquire a land base so we can build a community center.
- Promote and support the preservation of the Dakota culture, including protecting sites of cultural significance to the Dakota people.
- Promote a better understanding between the Native American community and the general public.
- Teach community members and others the Dakota language.
- Develop self-sufficiency through in-house business.
- Obtain federal recognition.
- Maintain a tribal office in Mendota.