From: Perry Altendorfer, MMDTC Historian To: All Lineal Descendants, Signers and First Original Families relating to the 1830 Prairie du Chein Treaty. We are currently updating our files, adding articles and documentation that involves families related to this treaty. Please see attached document:
OUR GOAL IS TO UNITE ALL MIXED BLOOD FAMILIES.
Please contact Perry with questions or comments. email@example.com
Would you like to become an Honorary Member?
Pow Wow Videos
Mendota Inipi March 11th for man. March 24th for the community Inipi, both Inipis from 12-8 Potluck.
March 25, is our next membership meeting 1:00 – 4. Potluck!
Benefit to send First Nation Youth & Elders to the Vatican to discuss Doctrine of Discovery.
Runaway Ray is a book written by one of our members, Lorena Weaver.
Inipi Feb 25 at the DuPuis House
Our next membership meeting is next Sunday Feb 25, 1-4 potluck.
Minnesota Indian Women’s Sexual Assault Coalition.
Uniquely Me, is a fabulous store at Burnsville Center.
Mission of the Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota Community:
“To preserve, protect, and promote the Dakota culture for future generations.”
In 2002, the MMDC membership participated in a comprehensive strategic planning session that resulted in the development of seven (7) long-range goals striving to:
1. Promote and support the preservation of the Dakota culture, including protecting sites of cultural significance to the Dakota people.
2. Promote a better understanding between the Native American community and the general public.
3. Teach community members and others the Dakota language.
4. Develop self-sufficiency through in-house business.
5. Obtain federal recognition.
6. Maintain a tribal office in Mendota.
7. Acquire a land base.