From: Perry Altendorfer, MMDTC Historian To: All Lineal Descendants, Signers and First Original Families relating to the 1830 Prairie du Chein Treaty. We are currently updating our files, adding articles and documentation that involves families related to this treaty. Please see attached document:
OUR GOAL IS TO UNITE ALL MIXED BLOOD FAMILIES.
Please contact Perry with questions or comments. email@example.com
Next Voting Membership Meeting Aug 28th at 7:00pm at the DuPuis House.
Voting Membership Meeting Aug 28, at 7Pm at the DuPuis House.
Announcement: Volunteer Host Families sought for Exchange students arriving in late August Greenheart International
The Mendota Community is looking for volunteers for their 18th Wacipi on Sept 8-10-2017.
2017 Wacipi Vendor Application & Wacipi flyer.
Mendota’s18th Wacipi Sept 8-10-2017 Supplies Help.
Re Elected Tribal Council Members as of May 22, 2017.
GOFUNDME PLEASE HELP US GET A COMMUNITY CENTER.
Our next monthly meeting is Thursday May 25 from 7-9 for our membership meeting & election celebration from 7-9.
Mendota Inipi Sunday May 21st at the DuPuis House in Mendota at 2pm.
Mission of the Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota Community:
“To preserve, protect, and promote the Dakota culture for future generations.”
In 2002, the MMDC membership participated in a comprehensive strategic planning session that resulted in the development of seven (7) long-range goals striving to:
1. Promote and support the preservation of the Dakota culture, including protecting sites of cultural significance to the Dakota people.
2. Promote a better understanding between the Native American community and the general public.
3. Teach community members and others the Dakota language.
4. Develop self-sufficiency through in-house business.
5. Obtain federal recognition.
6. Maintain a tribal office in Mendota.
7. Acquire a land base.