From: Perry Altendorfer, MMDTC Historian To: All Lineal Descendants, Signers and First Original Families relating to the 1830 Prairie du Chein Treaty. We are currently updating our files, adding articles and documentation that involves families related to this treaty. Please see attached document:
OUR GOAL IS TO UNITE ALL MIXED BLOOD FAMILIES.
Please contact Perry with questions or comments. email@example.com
Most Beautiful Inipi on April 23, 2017.
The Doctrine of Discovery May 3rd at 7PM at the DuPuis House
The flowers of tomorrow are the seeds of today. April 22nd, 11am to 2pm
Dakota Truth Telling Gathering. May 4th to 7th.
Rebuilding our Inipi Saturday April 22, Inipi on Sunday around 2:30 on April 23, 2017.
Coldwater Full Moon Walks but here is the notice for the May 10th walk.
Voting Membership Meeting Sunday April 30th 12-2 potluck
Fur Traders Rendezvous at the DuPuis House July 22-23-17. We will have an Inipi, teepee, history about Mendota.
Methodist Bishop Commits to Returning Sacred Red Rock to the Dakota People.
Mission of the Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota Community:
“To preserve, protect, and promote the Dakota culture for future generations.”
In 2002, the MMDC membership participated in a comprehensive strategic planning session that resulted in the development of seven (7) long-range goals striving to:
1. Promote and support the preservation of the Dakota culture, including protecting sites of cultural significance to the Dakota people.
2. Promote a better understanding between the Native American community and the general public.
3. Teach community members and others the Dakota language.
4. Develop self-sufficiency through in-house business.
5. Obtain federal recognition.
6. Maintain a tribal office in Mendota.
7. Acquire a land base.