From: Perry Altendorfer, MMDTC Historian To: All Lineal Descendants, Signers and First Original Families relating to the 1830 Prairie du Chein Treaty. We are currently updating our files, adding articles and documentation that involves families related to this treaty. Please see attached document:
OUR GOAL IS TO UNITE ALL MIXED BLOOD FAMILIES.
Please contact Perry with questions or comments. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please help us rebuild the Inipi.
Voting Membership Meeting March 26,1-3 potluck.
Creation Stories film & discussion – FREE
Mendota History will be at the DuPuis House sometime in late June, 2017.
Schlomka’s Portable Restrooms & Mobile Pressure Washing LLC.
Next Voting Membership Meeting Sunday March 26, 2017.
GOFUNDME PLEASE HELP US GET A COMMUNITY CENTER.
Thank to all of you who got your paperwork turned in.
Leventhal, Larry a prominent Twin Cities civil rights attorney, died Jan. 17, 2017,
Beautiful Poem by Tommy about addiction.
Mission of the Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota Community:
“To preserve, protect, and promote the Dakota culture for future generations.”
In 2002, the MMDC membership participated in a comprehensive strategic planning session that resulted in the development of seven (7) long-range goals striving to:
1. Promote and support the preservation of the Dakota culture, including protecting sites of cultural significance to the Dakota people.
2. Promote a better understanding between the Native American community and the general public.
3. Teach community members and others the Dakota language.
4. Develop self-sufficiency through in-house business.
5. Obtain federal recognition.
6. Maintain a tribal office in Mendota.
7. Acquire a land base.