From: Perry Altendorfer, MMDTC Historian To: All Lineal Descendants, Signers and First Original Families relating to the 1830 Prairie du Chein Treaty. We are currently updating our files, adding articles and documentation that involves families related to this treaty. Please see attached document:
OUR GOAL IS TO UNITE ALL MIXED BLOOD FAMILIES.
Please contact Perry with questions or comments. email@example.com
Language Class meets every 2 weeks with Frank Killsright Oct 18th at 6:30 – 8:00. We may change to Tuesday nights watch for updates. Please bring a snack or finger food..
Voting Membership Meeting at 7:00 Oct 30, 2016
New language class with Frank Killsright. We are so honored to him him teach us here in Mendota.
Mendota’s 18th Wacipi was absolutely our best Wacipi ever!
No Voting Membership Meeting this month Sept 25th. See you next month on Oct 30th, 7pm, at the DuPuis House.
Anyone lose a cell phone at the Mendota Wacipi please call the tribal office 651-452-4141..
Inipi Sept 16th at the DuPuis House potluck at 1:00.
Announcement: Volunteer Host Families sought for Exchange students arriving in late August Greenheart International
The Mendota Community is looking for volunteers for their 18th Wacipi on Sept 8-10-2017.
2017 Wacipi Vendor Application & Wacipi flyer.
Mission of the Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota Community:
“To preserve, protect, and promote the Dakota culture for future generations.”
In 2002, the MMDC membership participated in a comprehensive strategic planning session that resulted in the development of seven (7) long-range goals striving to:
1. Promote and support the preservation of the Dakota culture, including protecting sites of cultural significance to the Dakota people.
2. Promote a better understanding between the Native American community and the general public.
3. Teach community members and others the Dakota language.
4. Develop self-sufficiency through in-house business.
5. Obtain federal recognition.
6. Maintain a tribal office in Mendota.
7. Acquire a land base.