From: Perry Altendorfer, MMDTC Historian To: All Lineal Descendants, Signers and First Original Families relating to the 1830 Prairie du Chein Treaty. We are currently updating our files, adding articles and documentation that involves families related to this treaty. Please see attached document:
OUR GOAL IS TO UNITE ALL MIXED BLOOD FAMILIES.
Please contact Perry with questions or comments. firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeanie Lemay Campbell passed into the spirit world on October 13, 2017.
Cancelled Language Class tonight Dec 11th, at the DuPuis House 6:30 – 8:00.
Rest in peace my dear uncle Russell F. LaClaire died November 29, 2017.
Mens Inipi Dec 9th 2 ish potluck. Also Sunday Dec 17, Mendota Community Inipi.
Wendy Down Wind, How Wiindigoo Got His Name.
Uncle Russell LaClaire died today about 1:30 – 11/29/17.
Wendy Down Wind passed into the spirit world 11/28/17.
Membership Meeting Nov 27, 7-8:30 bring a snack if you want, next meeting too.
Holiday Party and Toy Drive at the DuPuis House Dec 2, 1-4 bring a dish to pass.
Cancelled Language Class for Nov 28th. Watch for next class it may be Monday nights? Sorry about all changes. Maybe Monday Dec 4 and Dec 18th?
Mission of the Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota Community:
“To preserve, protect, and promote the Dakota culture for future generations.”
In 2002, the MMDC membership participated in a comprehensive strategic planning session that resulted in the development of seven (7) long-range goals striving to:
1. Promote and support the preservation of the Dakota culture, including protecting sites of cultural significance to the Dakota people.
2. Promote a better understanding between the Native American community and the general public.
3. Teach community members and others the Dakota language.
4. Develop self-sufficiency through in-house business.
5. Obtain federal recognition.
6. Maintain a tribal office in Mendota.
7. Acquire a land base.