From: Perry Altendorfer, MMDTC Historian To: All Lineal Descendants, Signers and First Original Families relating to the 1830 Prairie du Chein Treaty. We are currently updating our files, adding articles and documentation that involves families related to this treaty. Please see attached document:
OUR GOAL IS TO UNITE ALL MIXED BLOOD FAMILIES.
Please contact Perry with questions or comments. firstname.lastname@example.org
Re Elected Tribal Council Members as of May 22, 2017.
GOFUNDME PLEASE HELP US GET A COMMUNITY CENTER.
Dakota Elders to Walker Art Center: Tear Down That Scaffold.
Language class has been cancelled until after the holiday.
Our next monthly meeting is Thursday May 25 from 7-9 for our membership meeting & election celebration from 7-9.
Mendota Inipi Sunday May 21st at the DuPuis House in Mendota at 2pm.
Rain or Shine tonight with Joseph Bester we will be at the DuPuis House in Mendota May 17th from 7-8:30pm..
Mendota’s Inipi May 21st at 2:00pm at the DuPuis House in Mendota. Everyone is welcome!
Return of In-Yan Sa (Red Rock) to the Kaposia Community:
Reminder of language class May 10th from 6-8.
Mission of the Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota Community:
“To preserve, protect, and promote the Dakota culture for future generations.”
In 2002, the MMDC membership participated in a comprehensive strategic planning session that resulted in the development of seven (7) long-range goals striving to:
1. Promote and support the preservation of the Dakota culture, including protecting sites of cultural significance to the Dakota people.
2. Promote a better understanding between the Native American community and the general public.
3. Teach community members and others the Dakota language.
4. Develop self-sufficiency through in-house business.
5. Obtain federal recognition.
6. Maintain a tribal office in Mendota.
7. Acquire a land base.